Monday, May 28, 2007

countdown: 5 days to treasure hunt

going to ipoh for treasure hunt this sat! arrgh.. the food! the cousins, the aunties and uncles! nyahah the HOTEL! cannot wait arrr...

started painting my class. brought food and macaroni for my frens on sat. went to umarani today and had ice cream goreng!. haha found out the true story of hong shen and khai ling. haha i reject you!! that poor guy. err maybe that poor girl.

thought about this one night. what will happen to us after death. i used assure myself without thinking : heaven lah. but then again am i really sure? what if its just like we sleep but not wake up at all. will we even feel anything ? what becomes of our soul.do we even have one? . that really got me to think seriously. i Am going to die one day unless Jesus comes when im like i dunno.. thirty? what will it be like, life after death. i only keep saying to myself that i will go to heaven. but do i really believe it or how sure am i?

after that night, i felt kindoff empty the next few days. it was like i suddenly knew i was actually going to die. all these earthly stuff i care about, like what my friends think of me, my money, everything i have or i plan to have. i cant take all these with me after i die. so whats the purpose of living? if my only purpose of living is to improve myself of get myself new things or do what i want to do. that wont bring me anywhere after i die. how can all the other people be so happy when they know that one day they will lose everything and they will be forgotten?

then it dawned me how little time i have to really know about my Father in heaven and know about His promises or what He wants me to do. there are soo many things in the Bible that i havent read about yet. all the answers to these questions are in His Word. what people think about you or how much money or nice stuff u have. its not really gonna matter if i really go to heaven. but what matters most is what God thinks about me and all my treasures stored in heaven. will my house be like a mansion in heaven? or some old shack built beside king David's mansion. i really want to find out and know Him better.

what about all those non-Christians? what about their lives? are they empty? they have nothing to cling on to even after they die. dont they know that they have a purpose too? dont they know they have hope? who can they turn to when they dont have Jesus or know about His Word?

after thinking this out, i realised i need to focus on God and His Word before its too late. i felt like a different person after this. not living for myself but God. doing his Will and not my own. how empty my life will be without Him. i will be living for the sake of living to please ppl and myself. whats the point of it when everything will be gone after i die?

being a Christian, i can turn to God. i live for a purpose.

and for that i am glad.


DID U ALL KNOW?

chickens mate before they lay eggs!! according to se ken at youth. but if they lay eggs everyday they have to mate everyday? so mafan. haha.

ps: cheryn zhe bought a new nikon d40!!! and she uses auto.. -.- hehe

-wenly-

8 comments:

Lauranne said...

amen!! this post is so simple, but so honest! i'm very encouraged :) thanks for that wen-ly!

eh you 17 this year right?
if you are give me your email! :D

Anonymous said...

IM SAME AGE WITH U LAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lauranne said...

GIMME YOUR EMAIL CAN! LOL

-shufen- said...

wats a nikon wat?

Anonymous said...

wenlychin@hotmail.com

nikon camera.
sigh. c la u aso dunno.

countessa_estheria said...

um, OF COURSE the chickens have to mate before they can hatch an egg. that's why they always need one rooster. two fight with each other and none doesn't work. u do know how babies are made, right? oh dear. and the chickens don't lay EVERY single day.

Anonymous said...

yes they do!! u never heard of it before meh? the farmer slaughters any chicken who doesnt lay an egg in one day. CHICKEN RUN ALSO SAYS IT.

and i have never seen chickens mate before!! really!! the eggs just seem to pop out

countessa_estheria said...

u r crazy.